Friday, March 27, 2015

Hubbard resigns as Public Works director for Polk County effective April 10

The Latest Local News from the Cedartown Standard



Polk County will be looking for a new Public Works director in the coming weeks following Karen Hubbard’s announcement during the county’s public works committee meeting.


Hubbard gave her two weeks notice during the midway point of the committee meeting, handing letters to commissioners Jennifer Hulsey and Ray Barber, along with both county manager Matt Denton and assistant county manager David McElwee.


She said in a phone interview that in her letter to the county, she stated that she’s been in the department for more than four years, and tried to implement changes in the department during her tenure.


“That doesn’t seem to be a change that everyone is particularly favorable with,” she said.


Hubbard said she felt as other department heads were given more freedom in their decision making, her own decisions faced greater scrutiny.


“It’s a constant struggle to make Polk County a better place,” she said. “Having every decision questioned, overturned or undermined, it’s just a difficult situation to be in.”


Hubbard said she has found a new job, but declined to say where she was going after her final day.


“I think Karen Hubbard made positive changes at the Pulbic Works department during her tenure, and I hated to see her resignation and wish her the best in the future,” Denton said.


“I secured a position where I think my knowledge skills will be appreciated,” she said. “I love the goodness of the people in Polk County. I grew up here, and a majority of my family still lives here. I’ll miss many of my employees who are good workers.”


She said despite her feeling of sadness at departing from her job, she still wants to see improvements happen in her native county.


“I wish for the best for the citizens of Polk County and all my employees,” she said.



Source: Cedartown Standard


The post Hubbard resigns as Public Works director for Polk County effective April 10 appeared first on My Web Pal.






from My Web Pal http://ift.tt/1F2ROmu

via http://ift.tt/16tBHl4

No comments:

Post a Comment